Third time is a charm...

Posted by Kris-Foster | Posted in | Posted on 1:49 am

No bombs, no bricks nor crucifix could hold it back...

I know this is the third time I've said I'll keep at this blog, but...well, Im not going to say this time will be any different but perhaps I'll try.

Time is running rather quickly these days, which normally I wouldn't mind, but the weeks are counting down for me to find a placement position for next year. No placement, no advancement. This prospect should scare me more than it really does, and that concerns me. I was in London day before last at an interview with GSK, second largest pharma company in the world. A truly intimidating experience, if truth be told. After a horrible three and a half hour Americano at Luton Airport I arrived in overcast Stevenage, Britain's capital for deary industrial parks and grey office blocks. Arrived at the outer gate and security man sent me on the a building further on down; fair enough. The reception of this building then gave me a photographic visitor pass (=S) and gave me directions. "Are you driving Sir? No? ....ah. Well..." He then gave me directions for a 15 min walk around GSK's private road system, the highlight of which was the bridge over the lake filled with Japanese coy. I arrived for my mediocre interview rather intimidated, then taxi back to the airport for another 4 hours of "that" airport smell and stale coffee, topped off by a delayed flight. Nice.

Hopefully I'll hear about that soon, one way or another. Don't get me wrong, I want the job, I could be living in London by summer. Its just a bit hard to get excited about much these days.

Suns out though.

Comments:

There are 0 comments for the "Third time is a charm..."

Post a Comment